Wednesday 24 August 2011

Playing Catch-up!

I know, I have been remiss, neglectful, yada-yada.

In all fairness during my sabbatical I have managed to complete a couple of scripting projects but that matters little to my readers here I know, so I am sorry. Not much more I can do than apologise really. I guess if I cared enough I could track down each and every one of my regular readers and present you all with an individually hand-made gift of epic proportions, but all that would do is slow down the writing process further – so just be grateful I am back!

So sadly for you all, this is destined to be one of those irritating catch-up posts filling in all the minutia of my life since my last post!

Just how have I filled my time?

Well, mostly I have been in a funk… and sadly I am not a person to embrace a state of depression with the spirit of “that which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”; I am not a person who will tell the world “I am feeling low, cheer me up”; I cannot push through it and write regardless: my mechanism? I hide. So that is where I have been… hiding from all who could possibly help drag me out of the mist and ignoring all but the most important messages from the outside world.

I know there are a few writers looking in here once in a while, share your coping mechanisms please! How do you still write even when the world seems so dark? Any tips but “Man Up”….


The day-to-day plods on as normal really. Kids are home for the hols. The oldest has changed career plan again, but I am confident this new direction is altogether more achievable, realistic and most importantly more her than previous plans. Miss-middle collects her first set of GCSE results tomorrow. Bizarre that they have to endure the results process twice nowadays, but I guess it means they don’t have to worry about a heap of exams crammed into a few weeks; not that it did us “older folk” any harm, did it?! She is filled with plans for the future and very much looking forward to what awaits us!

The hub-creature is still hanging in there. Not much to report really, other than that he seems able to do less and less each day. Part of me wishes they’d hurry and give him a date for his operation, but I don’t dare chase them up in case the date they give confirms what I already suspect…

With all that in mind, plans are still going ahead for the big move! I thought I had found my location; beautiful scenery, an amazing house with some land and fabulous mountain views and great prices on commercial property. I found I could afford to buy both the house and a little shop for the price my current smaller house is valued at which was quite an exciting prospect.

I had forgotten about this, but I once visited a psychic who told me I “Over-researched” things… maybe that is what I have done now! Funny how stuff just throws itself to the front of your mind once in a while isn’t it?
Anyway, being a little cynical of the relatively inexpensive property prices I approached an old school friend who lives in Wales for information on the town itself, only to be told that was an area to avoid… I am grateful for the information, that was precisely why I asked him – it’s a big deal for me and I didn’t want to be stuck once I arrived finding it wasn’t a nice place to live but that I could not sell the house on; I had focussed much of my research of schools and colleges in that area though, so have now had to backtrack slightly!
I have since looked at things slightly differently (with his help, as he encouraged me to think a little deeper about what I actually want rather than just looking at available properties) and have decided that region had little of what I actually want anyway. Google streetview is very much my best friend right now, as I trawl the streets of prospective home-towns seeking out places with all the features I need. I have narrowed my search to two possibilities, but have not yet approached the Dark Destroyer of Dreams with them; maybe I am too scared he might tell me they are not great either! Regardless, little is worse than this town right now so I am confident any move will be a positive one!

So that’s the condensed version of where I am at right now – bet you are mighty glad I kept it concise aren’t you?!

Thank you all for sticking with me it does mean a lot that I can just pickup again and know that you have waited for me!

I don’t know why, but I always feel I should have a piece of media, either video or photograph, to complete a post…

What feels relevant now?


Crank it up loud, cycle on your bicycle and leave the misery behind!

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment