Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sarah Millican's Television Programme


Sarah Millican Television Programme

I was asked whether I had bothered to watch this show given my review of Sarah Millican’s DVD, but those who read that should at least have been able to notice I did acknowledge that she was still every bit as funny as ever; I just didn’t think it came across well on DVD…

So with that in mind, you should know that the programme is absolutely brilliant! It is great to see Sarah moving beyond stand-up and I really think the format suits her well. Interacting with guests and audience alike, she is able to fire off quick-witted responses and just be her natural hilarious self in a way which stand-up doesn’t necessarily allow. Don’t take my word for it, either… for once I have been so prompt with this review you might actually catch every episode! And that is how good this is!

In this first episode, we were treated to a great sketch based on flirting tips from guest, Tracey Cox and an incredibly revealing interview with Chris Packham.
As an aside, not sure what gives with him… for the most part, the guys I spent my teen years lusting after have matured into incredibly attractive men; Packham is very much the exception! Sure I am not the only one who spent the interview with my eyes closed imagining he still looked like this:
Chris Packham 1980s

But I digress… not that you’d expect anything else from me!

It’s a fabulous show, so watch the first episode on the Iplayer now. New episodes air BBC2 Thursdays at 10pm (11.30 in NI) and are repeated on Saturdays at 11pm.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment