Monday 23 April 2012

Insomniac Revelations



Not slept at all… which I am sure bodes well for anything I try to write, but what can I say…

In truth, it has been a night of revelation and self-discovery as I lay pondering over life and its many sufferings. I should say that I do very much believe in the power of a shuffled media player to bring up the very messages we need to hear at certain times - which might sound silly to some of you, but I truly have all too often noticed the relevence. Given that I am working on my netbook right now, I have a very limited selection though… the only music on this computer is the stray folder I found a few days ago containing a handful of queen tracks so once I caught up with my weekend radio (had to listen to the Rhod Gilbert show again, cos the boys were hilarious this week and Gareth Gwynn’s show is on far too early on a Sunday for any normal person to listen live!) I set the twenty or so Queen tracks to play on shuffle… and as I pondered over the greater points of life, I couldn’t help but notice the order in which they appeared…

As I started to think about everything that is wrong with my life right now, I heard ‘Stone Cold Crazy’ – a statement which does very well describe my current state of mind!
I moved to writing something about the hub-creature and about how there are days the end seems so close when within an hour or so it can suddenly seem for a moment that everything could just be okay… for a moment… and as I paused in my writing to think on the next point referencing his recent comment that he was just “waiting to die”, I realised the soundtrack to these thoughts was ‘Hammer to Fall’ – I’ll not elaborate on the poignancy but to highlight the next track to flow by; ‘The Night Comes Down’…

Then as I wrote out all the heartbreak, I found myself making some huge decisions regarding work etc (I mean HUGE! I’d tell you all about it, but this post will be dull enough, so I don’t think I will!) … to the tune of ‘Keep Yourself Alive’.

And as I closed my book on all the thoughts I had captured throughout the long night, I was faced with this from Doing All Right:
‘Yesterday my life was in ruin, today I know what I am doing. I’ve got a feeling I should be doing alright’


So today begins a new chapter… although I am unsure as to just how productive I will actually be considering I am now starting to feel sleepy yet it is time to wake baby for school… but such is life I guess!




Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

judi bola said...

wooowww,,thank's for your information,,,,i like it man

Post a Comment