Thursday 22 September 2011

Andrew Lawrence - What To Do...

...IF YOU ARE NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE (Radio 4, Wednesdays at 11pm or on I-player until the following Weds)

I have mentioned this show before: series one was absolutely brilliant and I had been anxiously awaiting series two since I first heard it was being recorded!

Having watched one of Lawrence’ preview shows in the summer, much of the material is familiar to me but in all honesty it really does not matter; with much of his performance being more down to his effortless delivery and general attitude of indifference towards his audience, it doesn’t feel that you are just waiting for the next punchline to arrive. I did note when I reviewed his live show that I found he had developed a slightly darker, edgier tone: happily this has remained for the current series and I am looking forward to seeing how much further he dares push it in the future.

I have said before, though, and will re-iterate… this show needs to be more than thirteen minutes long! Okay, so it will require the writing of much more material, but I am sure that is not beyond the capabilities of a comedian such as Andrew Lawrence!

Sad to see him still referred to through the media as an unknown... I would like to think that the efforts he has put in should have his name imprinted on the minds of most who pretend comedy matters to them by now!

It would be nice to see something a little different from him down the line, although with his current material touring well into the spring of 2012 I doubt he will find the time to do anything else.


Tune in and listen… or I-player it - but be fast because as with all radio shows, there is only server space for one episode at a time and you have already missed a couple!

Andrew Lawrence Comedian


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment