Sunday 10 June 2012

CCF12 PREVIEW: Peacock and Gamble Festival Opener


Peacock and Gamble


Officially kicking off the Cardiff Comedy Festival on July 4th are the fabulous Ray Peacock and Ed Gamble with a preview of their new Edinburgh Fringe show.

In the interests of research I have endured the best part of two solid days listening again to all the old Peacock and Gamble podcasts – what can I say; life is a chore sometimes! Okay, admittedly I could have just listened to a couple and reported back, but I had quite honestly forgotten how utterly hilarious the pair are so went a bit pringled on the task.

In reality only true comedy geeks will have any familiarity with P&G as they very much represent the unseen comedy sector of writing and warm-up with the vaguest smattering of low-key TV appearances, the most notable being on Russell Howard’s Good News. This lack of exposure is quite obviously the influence of their title; “Don’t Even Want To Be On Telly Anyway”- although I have to say I quite like it that way; mostly because I relish in the smugness that comes of enlightening people but also because TV audiences can often destroy perfectly good gig experiences through their inflated expectations. (Okay, I’m sounding like a right snob so I shall shut up now!) But anyway, a very funny pairing with an amazing chemistry, both naturally funny and feed off one another so well.

Just go watch them. I guarantee* that however you find yourself at this blog, the fact that you have means you will very much see the funny in these guys. So clicky the links, get your tickets and go along. No excuses really – it’s even not as though Cardiff is difficult to get to, is it? Or if you think it is, check out the boys’ own website for more info on where you can see them!
(*guarantee has no value whatsoever)

Buy tickets here

More Events
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment