Wednesday 27 April 2011

This Mitchell and Webb Book

Time to drag this blog into its purpose. I have other places to waffle about the minutia of daily life!

My purpose here is intended to be a place to talk about what it (and isn't) funny;  to share news, reviews and other relevant information.


So with that in mind, I finally finished reading "This Mitchell and  Webb Book"after starting it back in November or something. It's not that hard to read, just very hard to keep reading. Mainly because it is inevitable that at some point you need to leave it on a side-table or something and it will invariably disappear for weeks on end.

That said, I can quite categorically say that this is definitely a book to be read and enjoyed by everyone. In my house, the ages range from 8 to 45 (that's not me!!) and all had a few chuckles from it.

Highlights? Love the alternative movie posters, the Boosh section (with a fab cartoon version of Noel!), the CSI guide.
Honestly, there wasn't a page I didn't laugh aloud at and desperately want to read out to whoever was with me at the time.

The Best Bit? Page 174, obviously.

If you haven't already, buy it, read it, hide it.

A suggestion for the publishers - maybe a blank cover for subsequent editions so maybe people will leave it the hell alone!


SUMMARY:

WHO SHOULD READ THIS BOOK? Everyone (starting with the person who worked damned hard to pay for it!)
WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO READ THIS BOOK? Dead people - and librarians.... unless they were off-duty, I guess: I reckon librarians like to get noisy when they are not at work so a hearty laugh in those circumstances might be quite acceptable.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment