Friday 10 August 2012

Mark Little ~ THEbullsh*tARTIST

Mark Little Bullsh*t Artist

It is said you should never encounter your teen crushes as an adult and I am sure that contributed something to my initial ambivalence over attending this show. Also family members had seen Mark Little a while ago and whilst had thoroughly enjoyed their evening their accounts did not make his comedy sound like my ‘thing’ (mostly I think because their idea of what’s funny and mine are vastly separated! [blogsearch: Jethro])

That said, I left my preconceptions (and my 14yr old self) stewing at the hotel


Firstly, I have to acknowledge what a genuinely nice guy Mark Little really is. When he arrived he greeted each staff member and volunteer individually and talked with us like old friends. I know this adds nothing in terms of a true review – but this amiable, relaxed persona is exactly what he takes to the stage; he puts nothing on for the sake of his audience.

His delivery feels more like listening to an entertaining guy chatting in a bar than someone intentionally trying to make his audience laugh which creates a delightful intimacy even in a venue as roomy as this was.


It is difficult to sum up the material without giving away too much, but it was more political than you might expect and incredibly funny. It is always great to leave a comedy gig deep in thought, having either learned something new or been enlightened to a cause and this was very much the case with the Bullsh*t Artist.

Absolutely brilliant! This is definitely a show you should see if you get the chance.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment