Thursday 2 June 2011

Philosophy of a Reviewer

Following on from my recent comments regarding the attitude of reviewers, I was thinking a little about my own reviews. I genuinely find it impossible to write a negative report on anything; not out of sycophancy of course, but simply because the words flow better when I am happy and I am happy when things are good!

Maybe my mission for the next few days is to watch something I really do not find funny and review that….

I do hate the type of reviewers who seem to feel they should point out the negative in absolutely everything. You have to wonder sometimes as to their purpose. If I read thirty or so reviews by the same writer, all telling me how un-funny each item is, I start to wonder not is the future of comedy destined for an horrific melt-down, more: “Are you in the right job?” If your sense of humour is so utterly bad, maybe reviewing comedy isn’t for you… maybe look into more serious theatre or even reviewing coffins for Funeral Directors’ Monthly!


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment