Wednesday 29 June 2011

TV Choice Awards 2011

"What's this?" you ask "Two posts in one day?"

What can I say, but that I am either having a creative, productive day or am avoiding housework... I'll let you decide!

Besides which, the generic media player is being kind and only playing good tunes today so I am not feeling the need to leave the office any time soon!

Voting is open for the TV Choice awards. Vote here for your choices.

I personally do not read the magazine - which is exactly why I feel it is my duty as a responsible citizen to bring an air of reality to the voting process. There are a startling number of soap categories, which I decided to skip altogether. Finding me in a different mood, I might just have negated my entire selection by making a glib "that's a good name" vote, but I figured voter apathy was preferable to a spoilt paper.

I did find the choice of "family drama" an odd one. Having to choose between Casualty, Merlin, Doctor Who and Waterloo Road leaving only one which I would actually consider a  family show at all. After all, Baby tends to hide through most of Doctor Who, Casualty leaves her afraid to set foot out of the house and Waterloo Road... well, hardly suited to an eight-year-old is it? So on the basis of it being a category of FAMILY drama, I had to make the sensible choice. I wonder if the magazine's audience have thought that deeply or whether they will simply choose their favourite show? It's like asking a child to choose their favourite dinner, isn't it - your choices are Pasta Bolognaise, Fish Pie, a Roast Chicken  Dinner or Ice Cream... then you wonder why the child is still hungry after their meal of three scoops of raspberry ripple. 

But anyway - do vote. Especially if you do not read the magazine - it is your duty to bring balance!
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment