Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Summary 15/01

I do have some proper posts to put up later, but I know those of you only here after the closure of my other blog are used to the Sunday Summary and as such here ‘tis! (not that I make any promises to maintain the regularity or promptness you are used to, but I shall try!)

So:

Highlights of the week:

  • A brilliant new focus which has me with a brimming folder of character profiles, new ideas, different ways of making old ideas work etc.
  • I have developed a new resolve after whiling away some of the time I had allocated for not completing my tax return on calculating the costs of freebies over the last year – and as such sent a few people on their way. Odd to call this a highlight I know but in actual fact it’s a mark of a newly strengthened character, since the ability to say no has long eluded me (read into that what you will!)
  • The re-enforcement of just how fantastic my girls are as they (the older ones, anyway) tried to persuade me that I should take the trip I was planning for the summer and broke down exactly how they would cope without me! (I’m not going, because I can’t justify the huge cost for just a week away, but regardless the fact they are so supportive is amazing!)
  • I know I have said it before, but I have found the perfect house! And it falls in a location approved by the Dark Destroyer of Dreams, so even better! (oh and I will be in Wales in a few weeks; hopefully it will still be available then so I can go have a snoop!)
    And for relevance here:
  • Some real moments of funny in:
    • Some time of reminiscence as well as a few laughs from my rediscovery of the hilarious Harold Lloyd
    • Obviously, The Rhod Gilbert Show which was absolutely hysterical this week – which great though that is, meant I was unable to work whilst listening as I usually do… but I needed to laugh more than I needed to write!
    • Stella, the fab new comedy drama from Ruth Jones
    • House of Rooms – this week’s brilliant channel four offering from Milton Jones
    • Some true old-school chuckles on Sky Arts in the form of Saturday Night Live episodes from the late ‘70s and the fabulous Monty Python films
    • The return to the Iplayer of series one of ‘What To Do’!

So all-in-all, a pretty good week as they go!

Now to complete the coding on those other posts and make them ready to upload…





Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment