Sunday 4 March 2012

Just Because It's Sunday

I can’t label this a summary… not quite sure what it is, but a summary suggests a rounding up of what has happened. This, I suspect, will be more a “What should have happened” – but that makes for a clumsy title and an even clumsier URL, so I shall just see where we go… often the best way!!


OTFAF:

Okay, I have drifted from purpose somewhat this week and the posts here have taken something of a nonsensical turn. The
fangirl post was something of a must… it has been a long time coming and a few of my readers were asking for more than the passing mentions I tend to make. I have learned from it (and from the –erm- interesting list of search terms reported by google) that I am not the worst to be fangirling over this particular target. Which puts my mind at ease slightly I have to say – maybe I am more normal than I thought!

The somewhat tenuous St David’s Day posting wasn’t as some seem to think a further ploy to crow-bar mentions of Wales into the blog. Yes, my heart is very much there, but that absolutely was not the intention! But crow-barring it was, as I wanted to share another Pantheon sound clip … you’ve got to admit it’s a good one!

But yes, I hold up my hands – this week has been pretty much one of nonsense and self-indulgence. I promise I will work harder next week!


STUFF TO SEE/HEAR:

There are a few things I want to get to at some point…

Firstly, the brilliant new BBC comedy sketch show “Watson and Oliver” – they are fab so watch it! The Bleak Old Shop of Stuff is every bit as funny as its Christmas special and it is fabulous that it has been extended into a full series. Pramface I am still not too sure on, but it’s new… so you could just watch it and make up your own mind!

Away from the BBC, this week marks the last episode of Stella… it has been a brilliant series and has given many an emotional moment as well as the obvious laughs… beautifully written! I am quite excited to see what Sky one bring next, as they have churned out some amazing comedies lately! I have been enjoying a lot of comedy re-runs lately – most notably the brilliant Green Wing – puerile nonsense, but I love it!

And of course the radio:

Did I mention the current series of Social Club FM with Elis James and that other Welsh guy?… I forget his name, you know the one!

There are new episodes airing of some old favourites: Just a Minute, The Now Show and Newsjack to mention but a few… also well worth a listen is Miles Jupp’s new show “It’s Not What You Know” … absolutely brilliant!



IN OTHER NEWS:

Because I have been working on projects needing me to face up to the emotion of the situation with the hub-creature, I decided to start blogging over the things I need to say – much as to get clarity than anything else. I am writing it for me, really, but the blog is open for anyone to read so if you want to take a look, it’s here: http://lifesastrugglesometimes.blogspot.com/

I won’t be posting here regarding updates etc, so you will have to subscribe over there if you want them. There won’t be accompanying facebook pages etc either, it’s not that kind of blog. In fact, I’m not even marketing the SEO or anything – it’s just an offloading centre!


What else?

Nope, don’t think there is anything else you need to know – now I just need to find a title!


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment