Saturday 26 May 2012

CCF12 PREVIEW: Vikki Stone and Lucy Porter


Vikki Stone

I’m going to be honest here and tell you I’ve not yet seen Vikki Stone live, but I have done the research on your behalf and have to say that from what I have seen I am very much looking forward to getting the chance to see her at the Cardiff Comedy Festival!

Not much more I can say, but that there is much love around all the usual review sources, in fact even those who usually seem to hate on everything have nothing but good things to say. Check out Vikki’s website and Youtube channel for more information including where else you can see her should you not be able to get to the Cardiff Comedy Festival. Be sure to check out the hilarious ode to fangirldom "The Philip Schofield Song"... utterly fabulous!

Lucy Porter

There are some people you just don’t feel you need to tell anyone about, that the world and his dog know exactly who they are, and I have to say in my mind Lucy Porter falls into this category. With many appearances on panel shows, presenting and performing stand-up regularly on both television and radio Lucy is very much a mainstay of the British comedy world. I have been lucky enough to see her a few occasions most recently maybe three years or so ago as part of an intimate audience at a local pub which has hosted some brilliant acts over the years and I loved every moment. She is so personable, both on-stage and off and is one person who seems to put nothing on for her act, she seems to simply be standing on the stage talking to the audience as though they were a group of her friends. Of course, it could be argued that this is a ‘small-audience’ thing, but really I don’t think so. I have been to other equally small-scale gigs and they can play out as impersonally as any larger theatre with some acts.

Head to the event page here:
Vikki Stone/Lucy Porter

More Events Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment